DCL Operations Supervisor
As Operations Supervisor at Dry Creek Landfill, you are responsible for supervising operators and laborers to contribute to the efficient operation of the landfill.
Duties include ensuring that fill sequencing plans are followed, density goals are achieved, and that the landfill is operated in a manner consistent with local, state and federal rules and requirements. The Operations Manager leads a culture of employee engagement and compliance in regards to safety programs and accident prevention at the landfill. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
Key Position Responsibilities and Accountability
- Execute operational plans in order to meet density goals.
- Prepare and maintain accurate records on materials, equipment and personnel usage.
- Compliance with environmental, operating and regulatory procedures, as well as safety rules and requirements.
- Communicate operational and safety goals and objectives.
- Inspect drainage structures, access controls and haul roads for functionality and compliance.
- Oversee safety and accident prevention programs, ensuring a safe and productive work environment.
- Work to remove and correct unsafe conditions or situations.
- Maintain an effective loss control and safety program.
- Continue to build a culture of safety.
- Provide services to customers that meets or exceeds their expectations.
- Resolve unusual service requests and equipment breakdowns while providing timely communications with the Operations Manager.
- Interact with customers to solve and rectify any issues as they come up.
- Serve as a positive and professional representation of the landfill.
- Create a collaborative team environment and drive employee engagement.
- Build and develop talent.
- Provide training on the proper operation and maintenance of equipment and safety procedures.
- Knowledge of landfill operating procedures, including operations and maintenance of heavy construction equipment
- Operate and instruct in the safe operation of a verity of equipment
- Understand standard landfill safety practices
- Effective methods of training and supervision
- Coordinate and supervise the work of others
- Read and interpret operation plans and engineering drawings
- Prepare and maintain records and reports
- Communicate effectively with the public and internal customers
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Certification as a Landfill Operator
- Able to direct large staff to complete complex work assignments
- Problem-solving, analytical, critical-thinking and decision-making skills
- Strong leadership skills shown through supervision, discovering talent, mentoring and training
- Communicates effectively and consistently, both verbally and in writing, inside and outside of the organization
- Follows job-related health and safety requirements and procedures
- Demonstrates and promotes ethical behavior
- Ability to physically lift, push, pull and handle objects up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work outdoors with work that involves exposure to dirt, odors, noise and adverse weather conditions
- Ability to walk over steep and rough terrain for considerable distances, on occasion
- Required to wear personal protective equipment as needed, such as safety glasses, boots, vest and respirator
Candidates for this position must meet the above requirements and successfully pass pre-employment examinations, including a drug screen, as well as a computation, reading, writing and oral communications skills assessment.
Division/Department: Dry Creek Landfill, Inc
Reports to: Operations Manager
Location: 6261 Dry Creek Rd., Eagle Point, OR
Employee Status: non-union/non-exempt/at will
Work Schedule: Formal work week is Sunday through Saturday. Scheduled work can be variable, but typically is floating between 6:30 am and 6:00 pm Monday through Friday. Additional work required as needed. Will be required to work some weekends to provide adequate coverage, as required by the job.
Probationary Period: 90 days
Wages: Hourly/Based on experience and qualifications
Vacation: Refer to Employee Handbook for vacation vesting
Benefits: Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents (see company benefit plan descriptions)
Career OpportunitiesView All