The “Rigs Of the Rogue” at the Jackson County Fair
There was an exciting new exhibit at this year’s Seven Feathers Event Center at the 2021 Jackson County Fair. “Rigs of the Rogue” showcased an eclectic display of the amazing variety of vehicles that are used, driven and loved right here in the Rogue Valley. From tractors and snow plows to muscle cars and monster trucks. Big trucks too, including an RD53 automated side loader used by Rogue Disposal & Recycling.
So along with rides, carnival games, great eats and entertainment galore, fair-goers could also stroll among cars, trucks and other vehicles of all shapes and sizes. According to Helen Funk, the Jackson County Expo director, “Right here in the valley, we have some of the most different types of vehicles, both big and small, and you can visit them on the floor of the Event Center.”
Test your side-loader trivia skills!
Here are some fun facts about the Rogue entry in the new Rigs of the Rogue exhibit at the fair.
- It’s clean! This truck runs on Compressed Natural Gas (CNG), which means 23% fewer greenhouse gas emissions compared to diesel fuel.
- It’s quiet! A full 10 decibels quieter than its diesel truck counterpart.
- It’s strong! The arm that picks up the roll carts can reach out a full 12 feet and lift a cart weighing up to 1,000 pounds.
- It’s a workhorse: Our side-loader trucks can typically pick up around 180 carts per hour.
- As an added bonus, 98% of the world’s CNG is supplied from Canada and the United States, helping guarantee a stable source of fuel without the wild price fluctuations of diesel.
- In terms of numbers, the truck is 10 feet wide, 34 feet long, and just over 13 feet tall. It’s a big rig, for sure. And you can see it up-close — along with dozens of other cool vehicles — at this year’s Jackson County Fair.
This year’s Jackson County Fair runs July 14 through the 18 at the Jackson County Expo Center.