Too many leaves? Help is here.
This year's program runs from November 6 to December 29.
Grab a rake and your favorite pair of garden gloves, it’s leaf collection time in the Valley! If you live in the Medford, Central Point or Phoenix city limits, or in our White City service area, Rogue Disposal & Recycling will pick up your bagged leaves at no charge to you. Use heavy-duty 33-gallon bags — the kind you find at any grocery, warehouse or home improvement store — to bag your leaves and take them to the curb. Then we’ll take care of the rest.
Don't live in the Medford city limits? Scroll down to find information specific to your service area.
Leaf Pickup Fast Facts
Am I Eligible?
- If your address is inside the Medford city limits, or in our service area of Central Point, Phoenix or White City - then yes!
- If you live in a mobile home park, call your manager for collection information
- Check the map to find out which weeks we’ll be in your neighborhood
- Maximum bag size: 33 gallons
- Maximum bag weight: 40 pounds
- There is no limit on the number of leaf-filled bags you can set out
Filling the Bag
- What goes in the bag: Leaves only
- What doesn’t go in the bag: Branches, lawn clippings, anything else
- Seal the top of each bag to prevent rain from getting in and adding weight
Where to Place the Bags
- If you have a curb, place the bags at the curb
- If you don’t have a curb, place the bags 8 feet from the pavement, off the roadway
When Are My Pickup Days?
- Use the map to see which weeks the trucks will be in your area
- Collection will occur sometime this week, not necessarily on your usual trash day
- When it’s your pickup week, leaves must be at the curb by 6:30 am on Monday
Don’t live in the Medford city limits?
Rogue Disposal & Recycling is also picking up leaves at these additional cities in our area. If your city is on the list, and in our service area, make sure your leaves are raked, bagged and at the curb by 6:30 am on the pickup day noted below.
- Central Point: November 20-21 and December 15
- Phoenix: December 11
- White City- Rogue Disposal Service Area: December 13
Information on additional area leaf programs — as well information on leaf drop-off sites, how to compost and the Jackson County Air Quality Leaf Exchange Program — visit the Jackson County Recycling Partnership Website.
Please note that leaf pickup routes can get delayed due to weather and other reasons. If that happens, please keep your bagged leaves at the curb and we will get to them as quickly as possible. Don't worry! They will be collected.
Fun Fact: The best leaves for here are the leaves from here. That’s why the leaves we pick up become a nutritious part of Rogue Compost — just right for local yards and gardens.