We brake for leaves! Medford Leaf Collection Program runs November 5 to December 28
It’s leaf season in the Rogue Valley and that means one thing: If you live in the Medford city limits, Rogue Disposal and Recycling will pick up your bagged leaves at no charge to you. Use heavy-duty 33-gallon bags — the kind you find at any grocery, warehouse or home improvement store — to bag your leaves and take them to the curb. Then we’ll take care of the rest. Got leaves? Get ready, here we come!
Leaf Pickup Fast Facts
Am I Eligible?
- If your address is inside the Medford city limits, yes
- If you live in a mobile home park, call your manager for collection information
- Check the map to find out which weeks we’ll be in your neighborhood
- Maximum bag size: 33 gallons
- Maximum bag weight: 40 pounds
- There is no limit on the number of leaf-filled bags you can set out
Filling the Bag
- What goes in the bag: Leaves only
- What doesn’t go in the bag: Branches, lawn clippings, anything else
- Seal the top of each bag to prevent rain from getting in and adding weight
Where to Place the Bags
- If you have a curb, place the bags at the curb
- If you don’t have a curb, place the bags 8 feet from the pavement, off the roadway
When Are My Pickup Days?
- Use the map to see which weeks the trucks will be in your area
- When it’s your pickup week, leaves must be at the curb by 6:30 am on Monday
Don’t live in the Medford city limits?
Rogue Disposal & Recycling is also picking up leaves at these additional cities in our area. If your city is on the list, make sure your leaves are raked, bagged and at the curb by 6:30 am on the pickup day noted below.
- Central Point: November 19 & December 14
- Phoenix: December 10
- White City - Rogue Disposal Service Area: December 12
Information on additional area leaf programs — as well information on leaf drop-off sites, how to compost and the Jackson County Air Quality Leaf Exchange Program — visit the Jackson County Recycling Partnership Website.
Questions? Call the Leaf Hotline at 541.608.1012
Fun Fact: What happens to all those leaves we pick up? They become a nutritious part of Rogue Compost. Think of it as the circle of life for leaves!