If you would like some information on how you can Go Green, check out the Jackson County Recycling Partnership’s website for tips on Waste Reduction, Reuse, Composting, Hazardous Waste alternatives as well as special events.
Visit www.jcrecycle.org today!
Our goal is to be the greenest company in Southern Oregon. We have worked hard to become an environmentally conscious leader by continually looking at ways to both improve and protect the environment — from small steps such as a new wheel wash that lowers dust pollution, to an innovative facility using landfill waste to create energy.
Our green initiatives are forward-thinking and beyond what laws and regulations require. Rogue Disposal & Recycling, Inc. is dedicated to new technology and the best management practices that exceed governmental mandates in a continued effort to provide superior service, affordable rates and a commitment to recycling and environmental protection.
Here are just a few examples of our green programs:
- Gas-to-Energy Facility. At Dry Creek Landfill, Inc., the methane gas-to-energy facility is our most ambitious green program to date. It’s a safe, state-of-the-art method of converting methane gas (a natural byproduct of waste decomposition in the landfill process) into enough electricity for up to 3,200 homes.
- Award-Winning Recycling Program. Curbside pickup service along with a large public drop-off center accepting a wide variety of recyclables. Recycling keeps more waste out of the landfill, saves valuable resources, reduces pollution and emissions, and prevents habitat destruction, among other benefits. In 2004, Rogue Disposal & Recycling Inc. was honored as “Recycler of the Year – Collector” by the Association of Oregon Recyclers.
- Yard Debris Recycling. This program keeps yard debris out of the landfill and turns it into organic compost certified by the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) for organic farming.
- Diesel Exhaust Systems Retrofit. Waste collection trucks have been retrofitted to reduce particulate emissions by 50 percent. The Oregon DEQ awarded the company the Certificate of Appreciation for Air Quality Excellence for its leadership.
- E-Waste Recycling. Safely recycling “e-waste,” or obsolete electronics.
- Online Bill Pay. Reducing paper and ink usage.
- High Efficiency Lighting. New fixtures and ballasts in facilities offset 109 tons of carbon dioxide generated by fossil fuels (equivalent of removing over 19 automobiles from the road).