Yearly Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Event Is Your Chance to Toss Your Toxins!
Calling all household cleaning supplies, paint removers and garden chemicals! Our yearly Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Day is your chance to safely dispose of your household toxins — everything from drain cleaner and weed killer to bleach, household batteries and bug spray.
Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off Day
Rogue Transfer & Recycling in White City
We expect to announce the next HHW date in February 2019. Be sure to check back then.
How Much Does It Cost?
The minimum $5 charge includes your first cubic yard of hazardous waste — a volume equal to six 32-gallon trash cans. If you have more than that your charge will increase accordingly.
What to bring
- Cleaning supplies (window cleaner, drain cleaner, bathroom cleaner, anything containing bleach or ammonia)
- Pesticides and insecticides
- Swimming pool chemicals
- Weed killers not currently approved for use
- Paint remover
- Old or toxic wood preservatives
- Light ballasts
- Alkaline and rechargeable batteries
- Thermostats containing mercury
What NOT to bring
- No paint (see paintcare.org for more info)
- No fluorescent light tubes (see Transfer Station for more info)
- No medical or biological waste (see Medical Waste for more info)
- No asbestos (see Asbestos for more info)
- No propane tanks (see Transfer Station for more info)
- No antifreeze (see Transfer Station for more info)
- No explosives
- No radioactive materials
- No ammunition
- No commercial or industrial waste
- No waste in containers larger than 5 gallons
- No 55-gallon drums
- No metal canisters/fire extinguishers
While these materials are not accepted at the Household Hazardous Waste Event, many of them can be recycled for a fee at the Transfer Station. Learn more.
What about paint?
We do not accept paint at this event. Thanks to an Oregon law enacted in 2010, there are now local paint stores that will accept your latex and oil-based paints year-round. Go to paintcare.org and enter your zip code to find participating stores in your area. We recommend calling the store to make sure they have room to accept your paint before you visit.
The re-use table puts household hazardous waste to good use
Experienced site chemists will be on hand all day to sort through everything that comes in — setting the “still usable” items on a special table. These carefully chosen, safely packaged items are yours to take, free! Stop by and see what’s available.
Does your business have hazardous waste?
Businesses in Jackson and Josephine counties can take advantage of our special Conditionally Exempt Generator Day, held each year as part of our Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off event. This service is by application only and appointments are made in advance. Fees are charged according to the type and volume of waste being disposed.
Download the Conditionally Exempt Generator information packet — including application form and inventory of waste to be disposed of at the event. For more information, please give us a call at 541.779.4161.