As a Millwright, you will be responsible for the servicing, repairing, adjusting and testing of mobile and stationary equipment at the Rogue Waste Systems Transfer Station. You must be able to analyze information and evaluate results in order to choose the best solution and solve problems
Key Position Responsibilities
- This position requires the ability to repair, fabricate, and perform routine maintenance to a variety of equipment, including but not limited to balers, conveyors and grinders.
- Applicants must be able to identify and complete requirements to bring equipment up to service standards. You must also be able to diagnose mechanical breakdowns and make necessary repairs to return the equipment to service.
- Applicants must participate in and support training and initiatives to improve service quality, safety, customer and employee relations, and operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Knowledge and skill in fabrication and the safe, efficient and effective use of tools used in fabrication. This includes both mig and arc welding, cutting torches, plasma arcs, hydraulic jacks, overhead hoists, hydraulic presses, porta-power, and pressure washers.
- Skill and expertise in the safe, efficient and effective use of both air-powered and electric-powered hand tools, including grinders, sanders, cut-off-saws, drills, wrenches, impact guns and more.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Oregon driver’s license —
- Within 90 days of employment, must have a valid Oregon Commercial Driver’s License (CDL), Class B
- Ultimately, must have a Class A Commercial Driver’s License
- Must meet insurance company standards for a good driving record
- Knowledge and skills in the safe, efficient and effective use of fork-lift equipment and man-lift equipment
- Self-motivation and task organization skills to work in a position with indirect supervision
- Capable of expressing and comprehending both written and verbal English well enough to comprehend both written and verbal instructions, and
communicate effectively with coworkers and supervisors
- Reading, writing, verbal skills required to read and follow instructions, respond to written and oral instructions, and to provide written
documentation and exchange information
- Verbal and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with predominantly English-speaking coworkers and customers — able to gather and provide information and to address frustrations and potential conflicts effectively
- Attention skills needed to ensure accuracy of records and reports
- Punctual and reliable in work attendance and job performance
- Basic math skills, including the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers
- Mobility to climb, crawl, bend, twist and work in awkward positions
- Ability to lift objects, climb, walk and get into tight working areas
- Ability to routinely lift up to 65 pounds by hand and work with others and/or mechanical devices to lift heavier objects
- Tolerance to work in extreme weather and environmental conditions — With temperate ranges from below freezing to over 110 degrees, and
conditions including rain, snow and wind
- Knowledge, skill and utilization of ergonomically safe operational practices
- Knowledge, skill and use of protection practices for blood-borne pathogens
- Knowledge, skill and use of fire (suppression equipment?) and other
- Pass random drug tests in accord with company standards
Conditions of Employment
Candidates for this position must meet the position requirements. They must also meet requirements for bonding, which includes being at least 21 years of age and successfully passing the pre-employment examinations, including drug screen, physical, and physical capacity evaluation.
Division/Department: Rogue Transfer & Recycling/Rogue Materials & Recycling
Reports to: Rogue Transfer & Recycling/Rogue Materials & Recycling Supervisor
Location: 8001 Table Rock Road, White City, Oregon
Employee Status: Non-Union/Non-Exempt/At Will
Work Schedule: Formal work week is from Sunday through Saturday. Scheduled work is 6:30 am to 3 pm, five days per week. Additional work on other days may be required as needed. Work day includes 30 minute unpaid meal period and two paid 10 minute breaks.
Probationary Period: 90 Days
Vacation: Per company vacation policy
Benefits: Medical, dental and vision benefits after waiting period (see company benefit plan descriptions)
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and to random drug and alcohol testing per the company’s drug and alcohol policy
Career OpportunitiesView All