The Dispatcher is responsible for communicating with and assisting drivers to ensure customers are provided exceptional service in a safe and efficient manner. This position receives and responds to customer calls regarding service requests and/or issues. The Dispatcher ensures routes are properly sent to drivers and completed timely. The Dispatcher assists in the maintenance of the customer data base, billing, collecting and posting of payments. The Dispatcher position is 40 hours per week Monday through Friday. This is an hourly position.
The Dispatcher reports to the Operations Manager, Fleet Management, Compliance and Safety.
- Maintains and updates routes ensuring efficiency, an up-to-date data base and customer satisfaction.
- Effectively and efficiently dispatches work orders to drivers via radio, phone and on-board communication tools.
- Monitors drivers and ensures routes are completed. Assists with reassigning routes and work orders to relief/rover drivers as necessary.
- Receives incoming calls from customers, customer service, leadmen and operations managers needing resolution with a focus on customer satisfaction.
- Acts as an emergency contact for drivers. Communicates with the appropriate operations manager to resolve immediate driver issues, including customer dispute, mechanical failures, etc.
- Communicates with customers regarding services and rates.
- Assists the customer service and billing department, as needed, including office lunch coverage, pro-ration adjustments, posting payments.
- Works collaboratively with others throughout the organization.
- Communicates clearly and proactively with multiple groups including customers, staff, business partners, vendors and the general public.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Ability to plan, organize and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently and make sound decisions within the organization’s structure.
- Ability to collaboratively solve problems and resolve concerns.
- Knowledge of phone systems, operating systems, networks, hardware and software.
- Ability to read a map.
- Ability to maintain records including filing systems.
- Must possess math skills and have a demonstrated ability to calculate rates and adjustments.
- Ability to accurately perform data entry.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to speak, read, write legibly, follow verbal or written instructions.
- Must be flexible, dependable, responsive and creative.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the waste management industry.
- Ability to effectively communicate via email, telephone and 2 way device.
Education, Experience and Licensure
- High School Diploma
- Prior Dispatcher experience
- Prior Dispatcher experience in the waste management industry preferred
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Operate office equipment including phone, calculator, computer, printer, radio, hardware and software.
Conditions of Employment
Candidates for this position must meet the above requirements and successfully pass pre-employment examinations, including a drug screen and background check.
- Division/Department: Operations
- Reports to: Operations Manager, Fleet Management, Compliance and Safety.
- Location: 8001 Table Rock Road in White City
- Employee Status: Regular, full time, 40 hours per week, non-exempt hourly
- Work Schedule: Formal work week is from Monday through Friday. Scheduled work is 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. Additional work on other days may be required as needed. Workday includes 60 minutes unpaid meal period and two paid 15-minute breaks.
- Probationary Period: 3 months
- Wages: TBD based on experience and qualifications
- Vacation: Refer to employee handbook for vacation vesting
- Benefits: Medical, dental and vision benefits for employees and dependents (see company benefit plan descriptions)
Career OpportunitiesView All